Employee Spotlight: Matt Kozlo

Name, title: Matt Kozlo, Purchasing Coordinator

How long have you worked here?
Four years in April.

What made you decide to work here?
I worked prior for a DME vendor in purchasing and Angela Hospice was one of the accounts. When I heard about the opening at Angela Hospice, I not only wanted to expand my experience to the other side of the finance spectrum, but I also wanted to be a part of such a great organization.

It has been the best decision I have ever made. I’m very fortunate to have the opportunity to work for Angela Hospice and to be a part of the company’s growth to be a great provider to those in need of hospice services.

How had you heard of Angela Hospice?
Through my old employer and fellow associates that also came over to work for Angela Hospice.

What’s a typical day like for you?
That’s the best part about my job: I don’t have a typical day. I try to stick with a routine of certain tasks to complete each day of the week but since my job deals with different patients with different needs, each day is not the same. I am constantly looking at new products for situations, concerns, and needs that come up with our patients.

What is your favorite part about working at Angela Hospice?
The people. Everyone brings something different to the table and do it with a great sense of passion.

Matt with his son Griffin and volunteer Pat Millen
at the Walk of Remembrance.
What is one of your favorite memories from your time at Angela Hospice?
Volunteering at the Walk of Remembrance. Every year since I started with Angela Hospice, my son Griffin and I have helped out with the gift shop. It’s not only great to be part of a great event we put together for our patient’s families, but it also is so rewarding to be able to share this experience with my son.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time