Volunteer Spotlight: Sharon K. McDougald

Sharon working the hospitality cart in our Care Center.
Name: Sharon K. McDougald

How long have you been a volunteer? 
I've been volunteering for over 16 years.

What areas do you work in/what sort of tasks do you do as a volunteer? 
I volunteer for the hospitality cart, flowers, mailings, and selling raffle tickets at the stores. I also help out with the Golf Outing, Light Up a Life event, Laughter Lifts You Up women's event, Easter Brunch, and Mother's Day Brunch.

Sharon with fellow volunteers Donna Beamish, Maureen
Hassien, and Georgia Scappaticci.

What made you decide to become a volunteer? 
After retirement, I felt I needed to find a way to fill my time and give back to society and my community. 

Why Angela Hospice? 
I picked Angela Hospice because it was close to my home and I believe in the hospice mission.

What is your favorite part about volunteering? 
I love everything about volunteering! I have found out that I get so much Joy from helping others and the community.

What is one of your favorite stories or memories from volunteering? 
One of my favorite memories just happened at the Easter Brunch this year. It was so nice to talk with the residents and their families and see the joy in their faces as they ate and reminisced. The next day I was doing the hospitality cart and one of the residents that was at brunch had passed away and the family was in the Care Center. They told me they will always remember Easter Brunch because that was their last meal together with their loved one. Priceless!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time