Volunteer Spotlight: Christine Depowski

Name: Christine Depowski

How long have you been a volunteer?
Four years.

What areas do you work in/what sort of tasks do you do as a volunteer?
Medical records, mailings, events, dessert for Caregiver dinners, and memorials.

What made you decide to become a volunteer?
Donna [Jasin] was a volunteer here and I was an empty-nester. I was like, what am I going to do with my time? I thought that Donna seemed to have a very favorable time here.

I’ve never had anybody here, as far as loved ones, but Angela Hospice just had such a good reputation.

What is your favorite part about volunteering?
Working with others. I love working with Jackie [Brown], and I appreciate being appreciated.

Christine (right) and a few fellow volunteers
sorting Walk of Remembrance t-shirts.
What is one of your favorite stories or memories from volunteering?
I just love working with Jackie [Brown]. She’s so much fun. My two mentors have been Nancy Schiffman and Jackie, and they’ve both been very nice. Everyone’s been very nice in the different departments I’ve worked in. I feel appreciated.

I love working the memorials too because each memorial service is different. It’s an honor to be there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time