Volunteer Spotlight: Barbara Keppen

Name: Barbara Keppen

How long have you been a volunteer?
12 years.

What areas do you work in/what sort of tasks do you do as a volunteer?
Helps in bereavement and does occasional mailings.

What made you decide to become a volunteer?
I lost my husband and so I know what they’re all going through. If I can be any help in the bereavement department to make it easier for them…it’s a wonderful thing.

Why Angela Hospice?
Because of losing my husband. I saw the ad for volunteers and came in. Then once I did the training I decided I wanted to get into the bereavement department. I got into the office part of it and it’s very rewarding.

Barbara (left) with Angela Hospice staff, Margaret Levine.
What is your favorite part about volunteering? 
Just everything. It’s a wonderful organization and everyone is so nice. I just love it. Walking into this place is like getting a big hug.

What is one of your favorite stories or memories from volunteering?
Helping everyone or anyone. I can’t specify any one thing. I mean anything you do  going to the memorials, the support groups  it’s all wonderful. It makes you feel like you’re doing something for someone, and I feel that’s what I’m here for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time