Employee Spotlight: Bonnie Morris

Name: Bonnie Morris, RN Case Manager

How long have you worked here?
18 years.

What made you decide to work here?
I liked home care but when [Angela Hospice] came and took care of my family I saw a new aspect of nursing that I thought might be very interesting. So I tried it and it was a good fit, and it has been for 18 years.

How had you heard of Angela Hospice?
Through them coming to take care of my dad.

What’s a typical day like for you?
I get up and do a little charting, manage my cases, make phone calls. Then I go out and do my visits. Then I come home and chart whatever I need to finish up, make phone calls to make patients’ day go better. That’s pretty much it.

Bonnie is constantly on the move to see patients.
What is your favorite part about working at Angela Hospice?
Working with the patients. I thought about going into management but I enjoy the patients just that much that I wanted to stay doing that.

What is one of your favorite memories from your time at Angela Hospice?
When you see the twinkle in the patient’s eye when you’ve just gotten them out of pain, and they look up at you and that gratitude you feel. It’s like you’ve done it and you helped them and that’s what it was all about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time