Dedicated to Helping Others

March is National Social Work month, and Angela Hospice is proud to celebrate the wonderfully compassionate group of professionals who make up our social work team.

Social workers for generations have served as leaders, advocates, and champions, helping individuals overcome challenges so they can live up to their full potential. Social workers also work tirelessly to improve our communities and society

We hope you’ll take a moment and read about what drives some of Angela Hospice’s social workers to pursue the important work they do each day.





Maneesha N. Finkle, LLMSW
I became a social worker because I wanted to do something meaningful with my life while supporting and advocating for those who don’t have a voice in society.




Sarah Rothstein, LMSW
I knew that I wanted to use my clinical training to help people get through difficult and  emotional experiences. The opportunity that I am given each day to listen, provide guidance and support as people are vulnerable and open with me about their feelings – that is really such a gift. When I hear one of my patients or family members express that they "feel much better" after a counseling session and that the therapeutic support makes a big difference to them, that is why I became a social worker.


Nikki Karnesky, LLMSW
I wanted to become a social worker because I knew that I wanted to spend my life helping others in any way possible. I helped take care of my dying grandpa when I was 13 years old and realized that I was strong enough to do things like that; help people through tough times, be supportive, positive, and do whatever it takes to make sure that people are happy. I believe that being a social worker is one of the most giving jobs there is, and that’s why I am so proud to be doing what I do every day.


Ann-Patrice Foley, LMSW
I was in the steel business for 25 years, and forced to change careers because I became allergic to nickel (from prolonged exposure.) I always wanted to work with people who were dying, so I followed my heart … I was always told that I was a “natural born social worker,” so I returned to school, got my MSW, and came to work at Angela Hospice.

I love people. I believe we are all students and all teachers, and I continue to learn and grow from each person I encounter.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time