Volunteer Spotlight: Pete Havstad

A weekly feature where you can get to know some of our volunteers.

Name: Pete Havstad

How long have you been a volunteer?
Just started his ninth year.

What areas do you work in/what tasks do you do as a volunteer?
Patient care in the Care Center three times a week to help with breakfast.

What made you decide to become a volunteer?
My mother-in-law was under Angela Hospice care and she spent her last week in the old Care Center. We were there pretty much day or night with her. So I got to see what went on, and met a lot of the nurses and aides. I guess I must've met some volunteers too.

Then a little while after that my father-in-law passed away at home with an Angela Hospice nurse there. Again, it was a really neat experience. I thought, 'Maybe that's something I could do,' because there were volunteers. So I signed up, and here I am.

What is your favorite part about volunteering?
Working with the nurses, aides, and patients. It's really gratifying.

What is one of your favorite stories or memories from volunteering?
Just meeting some really neat people, families, and patients.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time