Volunteer Spotlight: Mary Serra

Name: Mary Serra

How long have you been a volunteer?
This is her second year

What areas do you work in/what tasks do you do as a volunteer?
Clerical, events, gardening, patient and family care, and ice cream socials

What made you decide to become a volunteer?
I needed something productive and constructive to do since I've been retired. I tell people volunteering is the best job I've had out of them all, and it's the one I don't even get paid for, but it's the one I enjoy the most.

Why Angela Hospice?
We used their services a little bit for my mom. It was very short-lived, of course. Also, my next-door neighbor is a home health nurse for Angela (Hospice), and I just whole-heartedly believe in what they do for the patients and families as far as end-of-life care. I just think it's a wonderful program.

What is your favorite part about volunteering?
My interactions with patients and families. I enjoy that.

What is one of your favorite stories or memories from volunteering?
The families. They are so appreciative of the care that they get here, not only the care for their loved ones but how they are treated too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time