Volunteer Spotlight: Marge Adkins

Marge, first row right, at last year's
Laughter Lifts You Up.
Name: Marge Adkins

How long have you been a volunteer?
14 years

What areas do you work in/what sort of tasks do you do?
In the development (fundraising) office and helps out at annual events.

What made you decide to become a volunteer?
I heard about Angela Hospice from friends, and I thought it would interest me to be able to help somebody. So I thought I would volunteer and do what I could in any little way.

Marge at registration for
Light Up A Life.
Favorite part about volunteering?
Being with the people and knowing that everybody’s here to help those who need it.

What is one of your favorite stories or memories from volunteering?
When I was working the Tree of Life one year I was sitting there and all of a sudden someone came up behind me and gave me a peck on the cheek. I was so startled. I turned around and it was this young gentleman, he was about 19 or 20. He said, “That’s for all the good and the help you did for my grandmother when she was in hospice.” That left such a wonderful feeling. That’s embedded in my memory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time