Volunteer Spotlight: Jeannie Maciejewski

Name: Jeannie Maciejewski

How long have you been a volunteer?
Two-and-a-half years.

What areas do you work in/what sort of tasks do you do as a volunteer?
Patient care in the Care Center and the ice cream socials.

What made you decide to become a volunteer?
When my grandfather was ill quite a few years ago we were kind of in dire straits. He had just come in from Texas and it was home care. Angela Hospice was just so kind and so helpful and so wonderful in every aspect that I thought, that’s a nice place.

Then a few years later I had the opportunity and I was like, I’m going to volunteer over there. Angela Hospice just kind of stuck in my mind.

What is your favorite part about volunteering?
Helping out with the patients, the CNAs, and the nurses. Just working with the patients, doing whatever I can.

What is one of your favorite stories or memories from volunteering?
There’s quite a few of them. Just the hugs you get from the patients’ families and they say, “You were here at the right time.”

I know how they feel because I’ve been through it. That’s kind of the best part for me, when they make comments like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time