Volunteer Spotlight: Geri Orlowski

Name: Geri Orlowski

How long have you been a volunteer?
Four years.

What areas do you work in/what sort of tasks do you do as a volunteer?
Patient care in the Care Center, receptionist, mailings, and events.

What made you decide to become a volunteer?
I took an early retirement. It was like, “What am I going to do?” I also work at the Felician nuns’ down the road. They were part of my childhood growing up, but I live across the street, and I was like, “This is too good to be true.”

I mean, here’s Angela Hospice, here are the Felician nuns, and I perused each one. I had to pursue them. That’s where I wanted to work, at Angela [Hospice].

What is your favorite part about volunteering?
Probably that little bit you’re able to do for someone else that doesn’t come with big recognition; you just kind of feel good walking away.

Geri often works the phones in the Care Center.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time