Volunteer Spotlight: Ann Stando

Name: Ann Stando

How long have you been a volunteer?
Almost 20 years.

What areas do you work in/what sort of tasks do you do as a volunteer?
Patient care in the Care Center, events, hospitality, and mailings.

What made you decide to become a volunteer?
I was looking for a meaningful volunteer experience…I had a medical background so it seemed like a good fit.

Why Angela Hospice?
My daughter had gone to the nursery school next door so I became familiar with it. They had good training classes; that was a good reason.

Ann helps in the Care Center once a week.
What is your favorite part about volunteering?
I enjoy being with people and hearing peoples’ stories.

What is one of your favorite stories or memories from volunteering?
I was very happy to work many years with Marie Beaghan. She was a volunteer trainer.

I did home care at first and she took me out on my first time. She would always see me and say hello and ask how was I doing; and that was very encouraging.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time