Volunteer Spotlight: Connie Shoup

Name: Connie Shoup

How long have you been a volunteer?
19 years.

What areas do you work in/what sort of tasks do you do as a volunteer?
The development department and mailings.

What made you decide to become a volunteer?
I had a friend who was a volunteer [at Angela Hospice] for many, many years, and she talked to me about it and took me to one of the dinners. It just seemed like something I would like to do at this stage of my life.

Connie mainly works in the development
department, where she does many things.
What is your favorite part about volunteering?
Being around such nice, warm, and good people. I think it’s really such a positive atmosphere to be working in.

What is one of your favorite stories or memories from volunteering?
There have been a lot of good memories of things. I remember one of the [volunteer] picnics where they were having balloon fights…throwing balloons back and forth…. That was really a fun experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time