Volunteer Spotlight: Alnora Gallo

Name: Alnora Gallo

How long have you been a volunteer?
Two years.

What areas do you work in/what sort of tasks do you do as a volunteer?
Works annual events, mailings, and sells raffle tickets.

What made you decide to become a volunteer?
I enjoy helping others any way that I’m able to. I have plenty of time to give and volunteering keeps me actively involved in my community.

Why Angela Hospice?
Because it’s affiliated with the Catholic Church and the location is very convenient. But, most importantly, the work they do helps so many.

What is your favorite part about volunteering?
Being able to help people and keeping myself active in my senior years. Working with the other volunteers has been so rewarding to me.

Alnora (center) can often be found working registration
at the Angela Hospice events.
What is one of your favorite stories or memories from volunteering?
One day while I was selling raffle tickets a young lady purchased several tickets and started to walk away. Then she turned around and purchased several more tickets. When I asked her to wait for her tickets she said, “Just keep it. Angela Hospice was so good to my mother when she needed help.” Sometimes people will just give money when we’re selling raffle tickets and not even take tickets.

I’ve heard this over and over again. It’s extremely heartwarming. Most ticket buyers have an Angela Hospice story. 

Comments

  1. Very proud of my mother. She has always been a very giving person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time