Volunteer Spotlight: Ellen LaGory

Name: Ellen LaGory

How long have you been a volunteer?
Three years.

What areas do you work in/what sort of tasks do you do as a volunteer?
Helping Kristy Hunley in HR. I do filing, whatever she needs done. Used to do the Caregiver Suppers.

What made you decide to become a volunteer?
I had started hearing about hospice when I was in high school. It was a fairly new concept then and it just made so much sense to me. Then as an adult – we lived right here in Livonia for 25 years – we were donors. I came to events but then when I neared retirement I decided I wanted to spend some time volunteering. So that’s when I went through the training.

Ellen volunteers primarily in HR.
Why Angela Hospice?
I heard such good things about it. Living right here in the community I read more about it than I would have outside of the community. I just had a lot of respect for Sister Giovanni.

What is your favorite part about volunteering?
I guess just knowing that I’m helping in some way.

What is one of your favorite stories or memories from volunteering?
Probably during a Caregiver Supper when there was one elderly man that was especially grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time