Volunteer Spotlight: Brenda McClellan

Name: Brenda McClellan

How long have you been a volunteer?
Three years.

What areas do you work in/what sort of tasks do you do as a volunteer?
Started in the Care Center, now volunteers in medical records and helps with the mailings.

What made you decide to become a volunteer?
I had some extra time. I didn’t want to get a paying job because I didn’t know how regular I’d be able to do that because of other commitments so I decided to volunteer. I started looking for a place to volunteer and I have friends who volunteer here (one from high school, the other from college). They recommended it, so I started.

Brenda works in the Medical Records department.
What is your favorite part about volunteering?
I just like being active and out with people. I’m a quiet person but I just like being out with people, talking, chatting, here and there. 

What is one of your favorite stories or memories from volunteering?
When I was taking the classes with Syndie I enjoyed meeting all the women in there and their different walks of life, what they planned to do here. Some of them are still here, some of them aren’t. I enjoyed working in the Care Center. I was there just a short while because I didn’t think it was a perfect fit for me.

I guess just making a difference – helping out – is reason enough for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time