Volunteer Spotlight: Christine Henzi

Name: 
Christine Henzi

How long have you been a volunteer?
I have been a volunteer since August of 2012.

What areas do you work in/what sort of tasks do you do as a volunteer?
For the past 5 years I have been a home care volunteer. I have assisted patients and their families in many different ways including visiting with patients, sitting with patients while family goes out, helping with light housekeeping, even walking dogs. It really varies with each patient and their needs. Additionally, for the past year, I have been helping in the Spiritual Care Center as clerical support.

What made you decide to become a volunteer?
Like so many of our volunteers, I had a family member who was a patient. I was so impressed with the care and compassion shown that I knew I wanted to be a part of Angela Hospice. I also have a background in medicine as a Physician Assistant and felt like my knowledge and experience would be valuable.
As a home care volunteer, Christine works with both adult and 

pediatric patients.

Why Angela Hospice?
Angela Hospice came highly recommended to our family from our physician. I like that Angela is Christian-based, not-for-profit, with such a wide variety of support for patients and families.

What is your favorite part about volunteering?
The connections made with patients and being able to offer them help at such a difficult time. I have known some amazing patients.

What is one of your favorite stories or memories from volunteering?
My favorite part of volunteering is by far the wonderful patients I have met.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time