Volunteer Spotlight: Margaret Cotruvo


Name: Margaret Cotruvo

How long have you been a volunteer? I’ve been a volunteer about a year and a half.

What areas do you work in/what sort of tasks do you do as a volunteer?
The areas where I work include representing the Spiritual Care Department by visiting patients in care facilities, and offering Healing Touch treatments in the Care Center. I’ve also helped with several mailings, and helped with events like the Tree of Life, Laughter Lifts You Up, and the Golf Outing.

What made you decide to become a volunteer?
I recently retired and wanted to find a rewarding volunteer experience. 

Why Angela Hospice?
I've known about the good work hospice does and I know a couple of volunteers so I contacted the volunteer department nearly two years ago.

What is your favorite part about volunteering?
I volunteer in the Spiritual Care Department and visit patients in senior housing facilities. I'm finding this to be very rewarding.

Debbie Thams and Margaret Cortruvo volunteering
at the Laughter Lifts You Up event in February.
What is one of your favorite stories or memories from volunteering? 
My most memorable experience so far came from working in Spiritual Care. The gentleman I was visiting liked to sing. His favorite song was "I'll Fly Away" and he and his daughter sang it for me. It was wonderful!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time