Employee Spotlight: Barb Brown

Name, title: Barb Brown, Mission Integration Leader & Administrative Assistant

How long have you worked here?
Six years. (My anniversary is Nov. 8 which also happens to be my birthday. My first day at Angela Hospice was the best birthday present ever.)

What made you decide to work here?
I worked as a volunteer with Angela Hospice and was looking on the website because I had missed receiving the volunteer newsletter. I happened to look at the job openings and saw the Administrative Assistant job advertised. I applied, taking a chance and not thinking anything would come of it, and here I am six years later.

How had you heard of Angela Hospice?
My mother was a patient at Angela Hospice 20 years ago. So my family was fortunate to experience firsthand the wonderful services of Angela Hospice.

What’s a typical day like for you?
I guess the best way to answer that question is that I don’t have typical days – and that’s why I love my job. My days include planning and working on Mission Integration events, reserving meeting spaces, assisting Kristy in HR, monthly orientation for new employees, and miscellaneous administrative tasks for Margot, Marti, and the Board of Directors.

     For this year's Mission & Heritage Week Barb made
    Lady Jacoba cookies for the Felician Sisters in Livonia.
What is your favorite part about working at Angela Hospice?
Though I love everything I do for Angela Hospice, my favorite part is Mission Integration, which allows me to interact with all the employees at Angela Hospice, beginning with their first day of orientation. I am able to share my strong beliefs in the mission statement of Angela Hospice, the Felician Core Values, and the rich history associated with the Felician Ministries. And it has given me the opportunity to meet other people working for Felician Ministries all over the United States and Canada.

What is one of your favorite memories from your time at Angela Hospice?
I don’t have one specific memory; what does come to mind is that Angela Hospice team members are compassionate, dedicated, and respectful. And it’s not a coincidence that these qualities are the same as the Felician Core Values. I believe you could ask any team member and they would agree that being a faith-based organization is what makes Angela Hospice and its team members special and unique. One can always come to work and feel a sense of peace, even on the most stressful days, because we are always there for each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time