Volunteer Spotlight: Sandy Barr

Name: Sandy Barr

How long have you been a volunteer?
Almost three years.

What areas do you work in/what sort of tasks do you do as a volunteer?
Makes salads for the caregiver suppers, mailings, BBQs, is a Flower Bud, and has worked events.

What made you decide to become a volunteer?
The reason I wanted to volunteer at Angela Hospice is because I knew it was a good place. They helped my mother, who had cancer, and we all have family members that they’ve been great with.

Before I retired, I worked with Angela Hospice at the credit union. They were one of my accounts. So when I retired I said, “That’s what I want to do.”

Sandy has volunteered in a variety of areas.
What is your favorite part about volunteering?
The diversity. They can use you in so many different areas. There’s always a need somewhere.

What is one of your favorite stories or memories from volunteering?
I think the most rewarding of what I’ve done has been the flower arranging. You know, fixing the flowers, and then bringing them around to the rooms. The people just seem so happy when you bring in a beautiful vase of flowers you had put together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time