Employee Spotlight: Kathy Ostroskie

Name, title: Kathy Ostroskie, Spiritual Care Coordinator

How long have you worked here?
Six years.

What made you decide to work here?
I worked at another hospice for seven years prior to coming to Angela Hospice and the fact that Angela Hospice is a faith-based hospice was the draw for me.  

How had you heard of Angela Hospice?
I had never even heard the word “hospice” until my mother was referred to a hospice program. After that, the hospice philosophy was imprinted on my heart. I live in Livonia and whenever I passed the beautiful Angela Hospice grounds, I just knew that I would work here eventually.

    Kathy in the adoration chapel in the Care Center.
What’s a typical day like for you?
I visit patients and their families in their home setting for any spiritual care needs and then provide those needs, whether it’s a scripture reading, prayer or spiritual conversation, etc. I might also facilitate a patient connection with a parish or locate clergy within the community for any Sacramental need.

What is your favorite part about working at Angela Hospice?
I look forward to coming to work every day and working with my great team and volunteers. I also like the fact that every day is a little different.

What is one of your favorite memories from your time at Angela Hospice?
We had a very independent patient that sold everything she owned prior to living at our Care Center. She eventually “graduated” out of our program and went to live with her son; which I believe was her heart’s desire (and her son’s). She kept in touch with us afterwards. Her attitude was to “live in the moment,” which is a lesson for all of us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room for Brian

Volunteer Spotlight: Ingrid Lasley

Sweet, Precious Time